Tuesday, September 9, 2008

South Carolina Bound

It's hard to believe that the time has come to go and see my oldest become a Marine. How is it possible that the little baby, that I held in my arms, tiny fingers, tiny toes - how did he grow up? Where did the time go?

I haven't seen myself as aging - except for the fact that I can't read small print any more without reading glasses (it's a concession I'll make.) But my little boy has become a man, and I just don't know where the time has gone.

We've made a lot of mistakes raising this young man, but with God's help, we did a lot of things right. And now it's time to stand aside and watch him shine. I feel very blessed to have held that young baby in my arms - and I will feel blessed when I hold the young man in my arms very soon.

Graduation is Friday!

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Have a safe trip. Congratulations to Baby D!