Saturday, March 10, 2007

Shrimp and Stuff

We had our annual "shrimp feed" for our ham radio club tonight. About 33 people showed up and we ate lots of food. As I sat and talked with the couple sitting across from me, with J sitting next to me poking me, I realized how old I was feeling in the crowd. Everyone else was older, except for one member. R and I are the youngest around mostly and J. was the youngest there tonight at age 11. I gotta find some young folks to hang out with!

Which brings me to tomorrow. We have signing choir after church tomorrow, and it is basically a group of teenaged girls learning sign language through worship songs. So they keep me feeling young.

I am looking forward to the warm up so we can get out and go geocaching! I miss tromping through the woods.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You'll have to educate me on geocaching. I have to say that I think it's great to socialize with all ages, young and old; for some reason I always have done that and now my children, who are young adults, don't even seem to notice generational differences so much but have friends of all ages and interests. I think that's a gift.

Shelina said...

I agree that it is a gift to be able to get along and fit in the crowd whatever the age. And hanging out with teenage girls might make you feel old, since you will be the oldest one there!