Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hello again from down South!

Today it is warm here in Columbia, South Carolina, but not too hot. I know it could be worse. We have been attending different classes and keeping busy today - but now we're free until 5:00.

One of the most profound things that I heard today was not even one of the main points in our opening session. You wouldn't have found it on one of the power point slides, and I'm not even sure if it's a direct quote from someone or not. (I just googled it and it is often a phrase that is found in sermons - so who knows who said it first? I know I didn't!)

Most Christians live life where Christ is prominent, but not preeminent. I want to live a life where Jesus Christ has the preeminence, has FIRST place in everything I do and say. I am so glad to have the quiet of this week to consider how God is speaking to me, to listen to what He is saying through His word and through His people.

No comments: