Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday Night

Wow - what a weekend! We had an overnighter at the church Friday night - Saturday morning. We had 13 kids from kindergarten to fifth grade. We had a good time and five of them even stayed up all night. I napped for about two hours while sitting with the group of kids who fell asleep during Veggie Tale's "Jonah."

And today, I went to school and watched while one of my students was baptized. It has been such a blessing to watch this 14 year old girl learn more about Jesus and decide to give her life to Him! I will enjoy watching her grow. I was 13 years old when I was baptized. I remember the joy of knowing my sins were forgiven. It's hard, sometimes, to recapture that joy. But I'm working on it.

For my thousands of fans out there who don't know - I teach at a private Christian school that is actually a ministry of a church here in town. So school is church and church is school and it all gets confusing at times! LOL

We actually attend a church in West Virginia (about a 25 minute drive north from here.) We started going up there because I interpret on Sunday mornings.

I gave the scarf I made to my friend at church. She really liked it. I also made this pink hat last week. I gave it to one of my students at school. She liked it.

1 comment:

Shelina said...

So when do you get to sleep?
That's a pretty hat. I am glad both the hat and scarf were well received.