Thursday, February 8, 2007

Wasting Time Worrying

You know, worry never does anything positive. It is energy that could better be expended elsewhere.

It has been a while since I've had that paranoid, "Now what I have done wrong?" feeling. That feeling used to haunt my decisions, especially at school, and it was not a happy time.

Yesterday was the first time I've really felt that in a while. I prayed about it - and it helped.

Philippians 6: 4-8
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

God's word is so plain here. When our minds are set on the positive things, when we are dwelling on the blessings we have from Him and trust Him to take care of our needs, He's there. He's always there.

And even if this parent meeting had turned out to be something really bad, God would take care of me. Ya think I would have learned that by now!

The parent came and talked to me briefly today. Everything is basically fine; nothing I've done wrong.

Energy wasted - when all else fails, read the instructions!

3 comments:

Shelina said...

Told you so. But there is another lesson here as well. When you tell a student (or anyone) you want to speak with them, you should tell what it is about - so they don't go through this kind of worrying themselves. I am sure you already do this, but a reminder never hurts!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This hangs above my desk:
"Don't worry about the future, worry quenches the work of grace within you. The future belongs to God. He is in charge of all things. Never second-guess Him." -Frances Fenelon

Melzie said...

I am glad it went well :) I enjoy your blog, I'll be back to read more! xoxo melzie