Monday, February 12, 2007

Waiting...

Waiting for the phone call to cancel school. It probably won't come until tomorrow morning. We are supposed to get a nice wintry mix of snow/sleet/freezing rain/ice starting somtime around 1:00 AM. Meanwhile, I'm catching up on some reading here online, and posting - of course.

Tonight was our ladies' Bible study. We go to Books a Million and invade their coffee shop for an hour (or hour and a half.) We are doing a study on "Becoming a Vessel God can Use." Tonight we did the week one study and the thing that struck me most was "not doing great things for God" but letting God use you to do great things. The first way we are using our own vision and strength to accomplish what WE THINK God wants us to do. The second way, we are open to HIS leading and limited by nothing - with His power behind us.

Ephesians 3:20, 21
"Now to Him Who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to HIS POWER that is at work IN US, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen!"

I really am enjoying our discussions!

On a fun note, I bought some eyelash yarn and made a little scarf for my coworker's little girl. I really should have taken a picture of it. It was lilac and very pretty. She came over to show it to me before they left for home. She gave me some of her colored school pictures to thank me. So cute!

Well, that should keep you satisfied until tomorrow.

Later!

2 comments:

Shelina said...

I didn't know you knew how to crochet - wait - I do have a picture of a red and black and white afghan. I guess I didn't remember that you knew how to crochet. Good thing you remembered!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I think I have seen fabric with American sign language, can't remember where or when... but, you're right; it would be wonderful. Your Bible study sounds very inspirational.