Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Vans and Doritos

During the winter months, my van has had a hard time starting off and on. The starter sounded like it didn't want to wake up - just like me most mornings. I kind of knew it was a matter of time, but it seems the motto around here "Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?"

So, we left school today and the van did NOT want to start. I tried and tried and it would not turn over. So I called R on the ham radio and asked him to pick us up. In the meantime, I had already prayed, "Lord, I know we should have already taken care of this. But it sure would be nice to get thiis thing started so R can work on it at home." So BEFORE R actually got out the door, the van FINALLY turned over.

The kids in the little kids playground and their teachers all gave me a hand! But hey - I give the hand to God! Whooooo hooooo. So R and D are outside working on the van right now and it looks like the starter just needs a little TLC. :)

And then, there are the Doritos (insert little trademark symbol here, if you feel so led...)

Money is always tight around the Marauder household. Not one of our strong points. Anyway, I asked R the other day how much I had to spend in groceries and he told me. So I was making the plans and this morning, D was complaining because we were out of chips. Now - chips are not a necessity, right? I have been praying that God will help us make wise decisions and - let's face it - flat out help us. :)

Today at the end of my tutoring session, the mom came in with a plastic grocery sack full of individual packs of Doritos. Probably around 30 of them. Isn't God good? :)

Hope you're having a great day!

2 comments:

Shelina said...

Sounds like God is on your side. A simple car problem, that can be fixed at home. Doritos when you most "needed" them. What are the odds that she would pick that treat to bring, unless she heard D complaining about it.

P.S. I like how you turned your entire family into Marauders. I guess my family is composed of Creations.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

... and Goodneedles here!
Yea, GOD! Yes HE is good... Yes HE is to be praised!! I just love knowing that God hears all prayers, even when little boys want chips. Life is Good!