Friday, July 13, 2007

Third Time's a Charm

Three blog posts in one day? Oh well, that's okay.

Well, today was interesting. The morning was filled with a run to the dump and waiting for the cable guy. After Larry the cable guy came (just kidding - his name wasn't Larry - but you knew that,) I went to the doctor's. Ohhh, what fun! After being told once again to get my blood sugar down and exercise more, they sucked my blood out! The nerve of them people!

Then it was off to school for a little bit. I graded a test and wrote some emails. I was killing time because I needed to take the youngest to his scout master's house for a camping trip, and I didn't want to go all the way home.

We stopped on the way at a gas station for a snack and then began the short trip to the scout master's house.

(Here's the part where it gets scary - you may want to close your eyes.)


(Are they open yet? - Good!)

So, I'm driving along minding my own business and this guy in an SUV pulls out of a McDonald's parking lot in front of me. I managed to hit my brakes and turn a little to the right, or I would have been head-on into his driver's side doors. As it was, the left front end of my car smashed into his.

But, we were all wearing seat belts and no one was hurt (although my right shoulder is a little sore.) I don't even know if the other guy got ticketed, but I sure hope he did - it wasn't my fault. In fact, the first thing he said when he got out of his car was "I'm sorry." Hey, accidents happen - I was cool, calm, and collected. But I sure hope his insurance company is going to pay the cost of fixing the van. The left front fender is dented up and I lost the headlight and turn signal.

But I am very grateful. Again, no one was hurt and it could have been so much more worse. Both vehicles were able to be driven away, and any crash you can walk away from is a good one, right?

So - how was YOUR Friday the 13th??

1 comment:

Shelina said...

Oh how awful! I saw several near misses yesterday - this big semi decided he wanted to be in the left lane so he could turn right. Didn't really care that someone was already in the left lane. Luckily the other car just went into the turn lane and got away from the semi.

It might just be carelessness, but I think people tend to be more self centered and tend to forget that there are other people on the road who just might happen to have the legal right of way.

I'm glad this was a minor accident, and I too hope their insurance covers everything and that your shoulder heals quickly.